When you enter the world of web, you come across so many things that are unknown to you at first but later on, you become habitual to its. While this habit of using the Internet every now and then continues, hackers and scammers take this to their advantage. Most of the scams that took place recently happened with the elders and kids who do not know much about staying alert while surfing the web. In addition to this, many of us do not know what to do in a particular situation when we get trapped or when someone lures us into their game plan.
But only staying alert is not enough because humanoid errors can never be neglected. Here, McAfee comes into action which is a global security brand that makes sure you are always shielded with the latest technology that will help you deal with the latest threats. It has been protecting millions of devices for a long. Its protection is available for PCs, Macs, mobile devices, and other smart devices present in your home. It gets you covered from the endpoint to cloud security.
The award-winning solution and technology help you tackle different cyber-criminal activities taking place. Also, McAfee has its own platform i.e. mcafee.com/activate which lets you navigate through the security providing platform very conveniently. McAfee offers you a wide variety of plans, offers, and packages. Thus, if you recently purchased your McAfee subscription and wish to learn the deployment process, then continue reading further.
Quick McAfee activation process
- From a web browser, go to the www.mcafee.com/activate page.
- Select ‘Country’ and ‘Language’.
- Type your McAfee activate product key and click ‘Submit’.
- Confirm your email address when prompted.
- Once done, click ‘Verify’.
Finding and redeeming McAfee product key
If you do not know much about McAfee 25 digit product key, then you may use the information given here for moving ahead in the deployment process. Those who are new to McAfee should note that McAfee product key lets a user get started with his subscription. This unique alphanumeric code lets McAfee know that you have received the subscription through a valid and legal means.
You may look for the product key in the inbox of your email address that you registered with McAfee at the time of purchasing the software. While, if you have purchased it from the nearest McAfee retail store, then it is available inside the product packaging or on the retail card. To redeem the product key, navigate to www.mcafee.com/activate, and follow some easy prompts to complete the redemption process.
Download McAfee software on Windows/Mac
The given steps are the same for downloading McAfee on Windows as well as Mac. Hence, follow them to have the software on your device:
- The first thing you need to do is, go to mcafee.com/activate
- Next, enter the McAfee login details in the provided space.
- If you do not have a McAfee account, create a new one.
- Now, click on the ‘Download’ option for the McAfee product of your choice.
- The download process of McAfee software will begin.
- Those who have redeemed the product key can skip these steps and directly click on ‘Download your software’.
Easy McAfee installation steps for Windows/Mac
The installation steps are also the same for the downloaded McAfee software on your device. However, the activation steps for both vary. Follow them correctly to achieve the desired results:
- First of all, locate the .exe file of McAfee on your desktop.
- If it is not there, find it in the ‘Downloads’ folder.
- Once you find it, right-click on the file to see the options.
- Click ‘Install’ from the list of options.
- The McAfee product will start installing on your device.
McAfee activation steps for Windows
- Right-click on the red-colored icon of McAfee on your desktop.
- When prompted, log in to your registered McAfee account.
- If prompted, enter the serial number of your product.
- The same goes for the product key.
- Wait for a couple of minutes until it gets ready for the usage.
McAfee activation steps for Mac
- Locate the McAfee icon on the welcome screen of your Mac.
- Double-click on it to and go to the next step.
- Now, enter the details of your Mac admin account.
- Next, enter the serial number of your McAfee product.
- Click ‘Finish’ to complete the setup process.
If you have any doubts or queries, then you may navigate to the support page of McAfee to clear your doubts. Now, we shall move on to discussing some of the commonly asked user-based queries to help you use McAfee more conveniently.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I reinstall McAfee?
- First, click on the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Go to the ‘add or remove programs’ section of your device.
- From the list, locate McAfee antivirus.
- Now, click on its name and select ‘Uninstall’.
- Finally, download and install McAfee from www.mcafee.com/activate.
Which McAfee product is best for Android or iOS?
McAfee Mobile Security is considered one of the best McAfee products for your mobile device. Be it Android or iOS, The Mobile Security app works amazingly on both. It has been specifically created for mobile device users to protect them in the online world.
How to remove a device from McAfee account?
In case you do not use a particular device any longer and have installed McAfee on it, then you may shift its license to another device so that it doesn’t go waste. For this, you need to contact McAfee support and ask him that you wish to remove a device from your account. He will do it after verifying your details and the reason behind doing so.
How to deactivate McAfee WebAdvisor manually?
Unfortunately, the procedure to deactivate McAfee WebAdvisor manually is no longer available for the users. All you can do is ask the customer support executive to do it for you. After providing the necessary details, follow the guidelines given by the support executives.