The McAfee endpoint security system guard your computers and other connected devices from the cyber attacks. In today’s world, this security software has evolved from the traditional antivirus software in order to provide complete protection from the advanced versions of malware. Furthermore, McAfee endpoint security protection delivers the programs that have powerful features to safeguard endpoints, servers, and mobile devices that are vulnerable to attacks.
Uninstall McAfee endpoint security in windows 10?
In this article, you will get to learn the essential instructions that we require to uninstall McAfee’s endpoint. With the help of these essential steps, you can uninstall or delete the McAfee endpoint security from self-manageable or institute-owner machines that are running with Windows 10 only. For more information about the product details, you can visit mcafee.com/activate.
Note: In case your computing system is managed by UMass Amherst IT, then it is recommended to not remove the client on your own. You can contact your admin.
Descriptive steps to uninstall McAfee Endpoint Security without any error
In this section, you will get to learn the steps to uninstall McAfee’s endpoint without any interruptions in the process. It is equally important to install the updated version of McAfee once you uninstall it. Just follow the clear instructions below to complete the process:
- Tap on the “File Explorer” icon from the Start menu.
- You have to type on the option labeled as “This PC” from the File Explorer window.
- Now, type “FrmInst.exe” in “This PC” window and then hit enter to search the file.
- Just right-click on the file once you have found it and then tap on the option named as “Open File Location”.
- Now, click on the “File” menu and then select the option named “Open Windows PowerShell” followed by “Open Windows PowerShell as administrator”.
- Tap on the “Yes” button that is visible on the “User Account Control” window. It is required to have an admin password and username.
Further elaboration of the points are as follows:
- You have to tap on the “Ok” button and then close the “PowerShell” window.
- Now, open the Windows menu and tap on the “Gear” icon on the Settings app.
- After this, you have to click on the “Apps” icon to manage the installed apps.
- Just type McAfee in the “Apps & Features” search bar. There will be three programs visible on-screen. You have to start by uninstalling the McAfee Endpoint Security.
- You have to click on the “Uninstall” option followed by the click on the “Uninstall” button on the dialog box.
- After this, you have to click on the “User Account Control” window to run the uninstall process. Wait for the uninstalling process to complete.
Note: If you get stuck in between the steps in this section, it is a recommendation to visit the official website of McAfee.com/activate.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
Hopefully, this article has helped you to uninstall McAfee’s endpoint security without any errors. However, if you have issues in these steps, you can always visit the mcafee.com/activate for technical assistance. The expert technicians will help you with the best possible solutions for your unsolved queries.