McAfee has been the choice of many users for long because of its varied features and its compatibility with Windows as well as Mac devices. Its highly rated features are making it loved by users but sometimes when a Mac user deploys it on his device he comes across some errors. These errors usually occur when they try to install McAfee updates on their Mac devices. These errors usually come in the error message saying “McAfee LiveSafe MAC update error”.
This error occurs when McAfee performs application protection for Mac and the checking was done when apps were opened. Sometimes, the problems with the firewall or certain settings in the browser may cause this error. So, if you want to get rid of this annoying situation, you can directly be navigating to McAfee.com/activate. There are enough blogs dedicated to resolving various problems faced by McAfee users.
How to deal with McAfee LiveSafe error?
Before moving on to the steps to eliminate this error, there are certain points to keep in mind and these points are listed below:
- You should be the admin of the Mac account on which you are trying to install the update.
- Having a McAfee account is one of the necessities to conduct any task related to McAfee.
- Make sure your device is receiving a proper Internet connection and is fully charged so that you do not run out of battery in between.
How to eradicate “McAfee LiveSafe Mac update” error
To get rid of the error instantly, there are two levels on which you have to complete the steps. The two levels require you to:
- First, login as an authorized Mac user
- After that, modify the firewall settings
To begin the process you have to go through the following steps and follow them carefully:
- Make sure there is a firewall app running on your Mac device.
- Now, to locate the installed apps on your device, you have to go to the “downloads” folder.
- When you open the “Applications” folder, it will display a list of apps that are installed on your device
- Check the firewall app and check its settings for “Internet Security for Mac”.
- This setting should be displaying the “Allowed” option selected for it.
- Consecutively, you have to make sure that it is not in a “Blocked” mode.
- After thoroughly checking all the settings and reviewing it again, click on the “Save” button.
This will change the settings related to the firewall. After doing this, you can try to install the update once again.
If you frequently come across the error message saying “McAfee LiveSafe MAC update” error and you do not know how to eliminate it. In case you are unable to follow any of the steps mentioned in this guide, then you must contact the customer support team for help. They may help you in resolving the issue in no time so that you can continue using McAfee LiveSafe once again.