McAfee Total Protection is yet another powerful and impactful product from the house of McAfee that offers comprehensive protection to your device be it Mac or Windows. The most upgraded and recent version of this product is McAfee Total Protection 2020 that is gaining huge popularity in the market. Hence, if you have also purchased its subscription, then this beginner’s guide will give you the complete details about your software. So, without making any delay, let us explore the world of Total Protection software.
Devices which are compatible with McAfee Total Protection
You can use this software on all smart devices including PCs, laptops, desktops, tablets, and mobile devices. You can visit the official website to know more about the devices on which you can install this software.
List of operating systems which are compatible with McAfee Total Protection
You can find a detailed description of the operating system compatibility on the mcafee.com/activate System requirements page. The list of the operating system is as follows:
- For Windows PC- Windows 10, 8.1, 8, and 7 SP1 (32- and 64-bit)
- For Mac devices- Mac OS X 10.12 or later
- For Android smartphones and tablets- Android 4.1 or higher
- For people using Apple devices- iOS 10 or later
How do I install McAfee Total Protection on another device?
Once you purchase McAfee Total Protection, you can immediately download it on your device and also share its subscription to another device. This is how you can do this:
- To add an additional device to your Total Protection subscription, go to the official website of McAfee.
- From there, click on the “My Account” tab and go to the next step.
- If you do not have an account that is associated with McAfee, then you can create one.
- After opening your account, click on the option that reads as “Send Link”.
- You can send this link to email as well as on text.
- Through this link, you can download McAfee Total Protection on your compatible devices.
- Now click on the link from the device on which you have sent it and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
What does McAfee Total Protection cover?
- It is an award-winning antivirus that protects the essential information from getting hacked.
- With it, users also get to use a secure VPN feature, however, this is included only if you opt for product auto-renewal.
- This helps a user to secure his online as well as financial details.
- Additionally, it offers performance optimization by blocking auto-play videos and minimizing bandwidth usage.
- It’s another effective feature that secures your firewall and blocks the access of hackers.
- In case you fall into a problem, you get technical support from its official team.
- Those who need to log in at different portals can use its password manager for easy and secure login.
- You and your children can undergo secure web browsing by knowing about risky websites.
- Last but not the least, there is encrypted storage in it that keeps your sensitive data away from the prying eyes.
Does Total Protection remove viruses?
If you are struggling with a question if McAfee Total Protection removes viruses or not then yes it does removes viruses. Since the basic task of each antivirus is to scan, detect, and remove viruses, hence total protection also doesn’t lag behind in it. Not only this, but it also helps in the eradication of Trojans, viruses, or spyware and makes your device live longer.
How many devices can I use with McAfee Total Protection?
McAfee Total Protection 2020 is available in the following three packages/plans based on the number of devices on which you can use it:
- The first package is for the individual which means you can use this subscription on one device.
- The second one is the multi-device package. This package protects up to five devices simultaneously.
- While the last one is the household package with which you can secure up to ten devices.
One should also note that the antivirus solutions developed by McAfee are compatible with Windows, Mac OS, iOS, as well as Android devices.
What does Total Protection offer to Mac users?
It is necessary that you undergo a timely update of your McAfee software. Recently, when users updated their product, McAfee Total Protection for Mac update fixes a privilege escalation vulnerability. Earlier, there was a vulnerability or weak point in McAfee software that allowed hackers to gain access to your device. But, with a patch, users can fix this issue by updating the software. After this patch, there is no such exploit that took place.
To sum up
Hopefully, this article has helped you to know about the devices and operating systems that are compatible with Mcafee. If you are unable to download any of the McAfee’s software, then you should check the compatibility or system requirement details given on the official website of McAfee.com/activate.