In case you are not happy with McAfee or its services, you are eligible to get your money back under some circumstances. This service is specifically made available to the eligible McAfee customers who fulfill the criteria of McAfee refund. The factors upon which you will be chosen for the refund include the type of product you are having, your subscription plan, the time of making the purchase, and from where you have purchased it.
It is the duty of the McAfee Customer Service representatives to decide who is genuinely eligible to get a refund and who is not. After this, you will receive the refund amount through the same method you have purchased. After you receive the refund amount, you are suggested to uninstall the product then and there as your license will be disabled for extended use.
Important: You’ll not give a refund of the applicable tax amount as well as shipping and handling charges.
Who is eligible to get a McAfee refund?
A McAfee subscriber who is using McAfee Consumer products and it has not been past 30 days since the purchase was made is eligible to get a refund.
However, those who have subscribed to McAfee monthly subscription are not eligible for the same. To know more about the eligibility criteria, you may always navigate to the service.mcafee.com/refund page.
To get a refund, one must cancel their subscription or turn off the auto-renewal feature before the product expiry date. In case you have been already charged under the auto-renewal program, you can process your cancellation and refund request within 60 days.
How do you cancel or turn-off McAfee auto-renewal?
Note: McAfee strictly suggests you not to cancel the auto-renewal because it is necessary to provide your device with endless protection. However, you still wish to do so, you will be able to turn off the auto-renewal by going through the following steps:
- First of all, launch your preferred web browser.
- In the search bar, enter the URL mcafee.com/activate.
- After that, go to the ‘My Account’ section available at the top.
- From this tab, select the ‘Sign In’ option.
- Further, you need to provide your registered email address with which you made the purchase.
- Next up, you will be required to enter your password for the associated account.
- Then, select the ‘Log In’ option once again.
- Now, take your mouse on the ‘My Account’ tab once again.
- Select ‘Auto-Renewal’ settings and review the resulting screen.
- On this screen, you will see if auto-renewal is turned on or not.
- In case you have purchased multiple subscriptions, review the details of each.
- Choose one of the products and take its toggle towards off position.
- To confirm your action, you need to click ‘Yes’.
As soon as you do so, you won’t be ever charged for the McAfee subscription again. In case you wish to get the McAfee refund. You need to get in touch with the “www.mcafee.com/activate” executives available at service.mcafee.com/refund page.