McAfee antivirus is the most recommended antivirus, which is widely used. The reason behind McAfee being the most trusted security software is that it develops a complete protective shield for your device and data. Whether it is a Mac, PC or your Android phones, McAfee security software will provide a variety of antivirus applications and programs, which is compatible with your device.
If you want to get details of different security applications under McAfee, you can visit its official website. All the McAfee applications and software may look similar but there are slight differences in the features. If you want to download, install, and activate any McAfee security program, you can visit mcafee.com/activate.
By downloading and activating McAfee antivirus from the official website, you will get the surety that the program is licensed. With a variety of antivirus applications available online, you can activate your antivirus via www.mcafee.com/activate. Moreover, with such diversified security applications, McAfee has the ability to impresses its users, compelling them to install it.
Although, McAfee takes care of your data and device security concerns, there are some cases where your McAfee Real-Time Scanner is not working properly. In such cases, you can follow the steps mentioned below:-
- You have to right-click on the M-shield icon on the desktop.
- Now, click on the ‘Check for updates’ option.
- Wait patiently for the update to complete.
- Now, check and see whether Real-Time Scanning is enabled or not.
- McAfee Real- Time Scanner is now enabled
Note: – If both the McAfee and Windows are updated but you are still unable to access Real-Time Scanner, then you can follow the steps mentioned below:-
What are the problems you might face with McAfee Real-Time Scanning?
There are two of the common problems you might face with McAfee Real-Time scanning, both of them are mentioned below-
- A message is visible on-screen saying, ‘McAfee is trying to fix Real-Time Scanning’ but you cannot enable the Real-Time Scanning. In this situation, you can use the Diagnose and Repair tool.
- The McAfee software is at risk, the protection status of the software changes from green to red, and the Real-Time Scanning is ‘off’. In this situation, you can use the Diagnose and Repair tool.
How can you download and run the McAfee Diagnose and Repair tool?
McAfee DR tool is an automated tool that searches and repairs the McAfee software. If the Diagnostic and Repair tool is unable to resolve the problem, then you must connect to the McAfee Support Technician who will collect your data and resolve the issue. To run the McAfee DR tool you can follow the steps mentioned below:-
- Visit the McAfee official website and search for McAfee Diagnose and Repair tool.
- Now, click on ‘Download and Run’ option and then save the file on your PC.
- Click the file to open it, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Now, click on ‘Yes’ option, if you are prompted to allow the applications.
- To run the tool, multiple windows might open on your screen.
- Do not close these prompted windows until the tool is installed completely.
- McAfee Diagnostic and Repair tool is now installed.
McAfee antivirus software lets you achieve the purpose of getting full security for your device and data although you may encounter some issues related to McAfee Real-time scanning with Windows. The guidelines mentioned above will help you to resolve the issues related to McAfee Real-time scanning.