McAfee is one of the top brands that have been developing advanced software or application to keep the device of its users free from every online attack like a virus, malware, ransomware, or phishing. Some of its popular products or McAfee activate software includes McAfee Total Protection, McAfee Antivirus Plus, McAfee Live Safe, McAfee Web Advisor, and many more. All these products are available on its official website i.e. McAfee.com/Activate.
Sometimes a situation do arises on the users’ device that their McAfee activate subscription is unable to execute on that or an error message is displayed on it i.e. ‘McAfee not working’. Thus, to get rid of such an error message onto the device of the users, the resolving methods have been detailed in the article given below.
But before getting onto the resolving methods, the users need to be aware of the main causes behind occurrence such error messages. Thus, the main issues behind the occurrence of error message ‘McAfee not working’ is as follows:
- Existence of any malware
- Update of the Windows 10
- The license of the software is not valid
Methods to resolve the ‘McAfee Not working’ issue on Windows 10:
Follow the methods detailed below to resolve the ‘McAfee not working on Windows 10’ device. The methods are as follows:
- Firstly, shut down the device and after waiting for a while restart it.
- Uninstall the McAfee Activate product:
- First and foremost, launch the start menu, followed by selecting the ‘Control Panel’ option.
- And then, move to the ‘Program’ option.
- After this, a list of the entire programs or applications being installed on the device will be displayed.
- From this, click the McAfee Activate product, and then, select the ‘Uninstall’ option from the top.
- Thus, the product will be uninstalled successfully.
- Similarly, do remove or uninstall the entire third party software using the same method.
- Re-install the McAfee Activate software utilizing its official setup that has been downloaded while purchasing the subscription.
- Go for an update of the McAfee product through McAfee Account or its official website i.e. McAfee.com/Activate. And then, restart the device.
Importantly, once such an error message occurs onto the device, try not to use the internet on that. This is because the continuous connectivity with the internet may cause contraction with the virus. Even avoid all types of online transactions or fill your personal details to any unknown websites as the details might get deleted, corrupted, or maybe hacked by hackers too.
I hope, this article is quite successful in resolving the concern of Windows 10 users regarding ‘McAfee not working’. The methods detailed in this article are quite easy and simple to follow. If still the same error is displayed over the screen then, the users may take help from the company’s expert by accessing its official website i.e. McAfee.com/activate. Even the company does provide its free services for its users so that their concerns could be resolved, easily.