It is the need of the hour to secure and protect your devices with antivirus software. McAfee has never let down its customers in this respect. If you want to have McAfee on your device too, you can have it directly from mcafee.com/activate.
If you are one of the users of McAfee’s licensed version and you have installed McAfee security software from mcafee com activate through McAfee activate product key and mistakenly forgot or not able to recall your account login PIN, do not panic as you can easily get back your password.
If your device is locked because you cannot recall the McAfee Mobile Security (MMS) six-digit PIN, follow the steps below:
You must recover your PIN before you can log on to MMS. You can recover your PIN from your device, or The MMS website(McAfeeMobileSecurity.com)
Use these options to recover your PIN:
Solution 1: Recover PIN from your device
- If you have activated McAfee through McAfee download and activate you can go to McAfee Mobile Security page.
- On the MMS screen, tap Forgot PIN.
- Select from the list of options given below:
(Note: the options will vary depending on your McAfee Mobile Security version)
- Tap Send me the email with PIN, check your registered email, and click the link at the bottom.
- Tap Answer the Security Question on your device, and answer them.
- Or you can select the option Send PIN to my buddies (You can send a temporary PINto your buddies whose numbers you have registered at the time of product installation and use that temporary PIN to unlock the device).
Solution 2: Recover PIN using your registered mobile PIN
- If you have done McAfee installation with product key you will find McAfee security page.
- On the page, tap Find Device.
- Select your Mobile number.
- Tap Forgot your PIN?
- Type in your mobile number and the verification code sent to you.
- If your device is locked, select My device is locked option.
- Click Send me the link option.
- Check your registered email address for your Support PIN, on entering which you can unlock your smartphone.
Solution 3: Recover PIN from your McAfee account
- Go to McAfee Mobile Security option on McAfee Active page
- Tap Find Device.
- Select your Email address.
- Type in your registered email address on which McAfee 25 digit activation code was sent during the time of registration
- Type in your password
- Tap Log In.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Change PIN.
- Follow the prompts to complete the process.
Solution 4: Unlock your device remotely
You can try these steps if the methods given above don’t work.
- Log in to your McAfee my account that you created on mcafee.com/activate
- Ensure that your device is turned on and has an active Internet connection.
- Click Unlock to send an unlock command to your device and tap on the command on your device.
For more help regarding recovery of your PIN you can take the help of McAfee’s Virtual Assistant.