With the rampant increase in cyber-criminal activities and the rise in the number of threats, it is important to shield our devices against such things. No matter your device is loaded with critical information or not but even single information available on your device could prove to be harmful to you because hackers are constantly looking for an opportunity to access your financial data and personal details.
Hence, it is important to stay vigilant all the time so that you can sidestep such attacks and keep your device protected. McAfee is one such software that is loved by users across the globe for it provides various products to match the need of the user.
What is McAfee LiveSafe?
Nowadays we are into a habit of using a number of devices for surfing the web and using it for online shopping, socializing, etc. Whenever we go online, there is a lot more threat to our identity than it was in the past few years. Hence, McAfee LiveSafe is one such product that protects your data, identity and all the devices that you use in your digital life. It basically is a product that reduces the chances of identity theft by keeping all your devices secure.
You also get an advantage to use and access your personal locker where you have stored important data and files. Using it, you can access your stuff even if you are traveling without putting your identity at risk. Here, you can store your financial records, copies of your ID and passport, even deeds and trusts. Nobody else could have its access other than you because it opens only by scanning your voice and face. You need to use your username and passwords for accessing certain websites and hence it lets you visit these websites securely.
How to install McAfee LiveSafe?
- At first, you need to visit the official website of McAfee i.e. mcafee.com/activate
- After this, enter your product key when prompted
- Click on the “Download” option available next to your product.
- When it gets downloaded, click on it and then click on “Install”
- Follow the on-screen instruction to complete the LiveSafe installation process.
How to uninstall McAfee LiveSafe?
- First of all, open your device and click on the “Start” menu.
- Now, tap on the “Control Panel” option.
- When all the control panel items appear on the screen, click on “Programs and Features”.
- Locate McAfee LiveSafe from the list of installed programs.
- Right-click on the program that you wish to uninstall.
- Click on the “Uninstall” option and follow the prompts to complete the process.
- Do not forget to restart your computer to uninstall the software completely.
If this process doesn’t work, then you may download and use the McAfee Removal tool and follow the prompts to uninstall any program.
How to remove McAfee LiveSafe?
- The first thing you need to do is, locate “McAfee LiveSafe” from the control panel.
- Now, click on the “Uninstall” option. This action will redirect you to the uninstallation wizard.
- Here, you will be provided with two options; “Repair” and “Remove”.
- In this step, select the “Remove” option and click “Next”.
- Choose “Yes” when you are asked for confirmation for removing the product.
How to disable McAfee LiveSafe?
- Open your computer and locate the McAfee LiveSafe icon.
- Right-click on this icon and select “Change setting”.
- From here, tap on “Real-time Scanning”.
- When a new window opens, tap on the “Turn-off” option.
- You can also choose the time until you want to keep it off.
How to uninstall McAfee LiveSafe windows 10?
- Using the search box of your Windows 10 device, locate the “Settings” option.
- After locating it, click on it and go to the “Apps” section.
- Using the search box or manually locate “McAfee”.
- Select “McAfee LiveSafe’ from here and click on the “uninstall” option.
- Tap on“Uninstall” once again to confirm that you do want to remove LiveSafe.
- Wait for a few minutes until the process completes.
- When the process finishes, restart your computer and make sure it is uninstalled.
Difference between McAfee LiveSafe and McAfee Total Protection
- McAfee LiveSafe usually comes pre-installed on your PC but Total Protection does not. You have to purchase its subscription/retail package from the retail store.
- McAfee Total Protection is less costly as compared to McAfee LiveSafe as McAfee gives better and cheaper deals for buying Total protection which is not the case with LiveSafe.
- Total Protection is the premium antivirus program that offers almost everything that is included in LiveSafe. However, LiveSafe is more than just antivirus software as it has a comprehensive digital security solution.
- The LiveSafe offers a“Personal Locker” that provides 1GB of Secure Cloud Storage. It allows you to store your most precious and sensitive documents and that is not the case with Total Protection.
- Total Protection is its award-winning antivirus scanner and web/email protection and on the other hand, LiveSafe is Secure Cloud Storage that safeguards your cloud-based folders.
Hence, in a conclusive viewpoint, we can say that both McAfee LiveSafe and McAfee Total Protection are both comprehensive security solutions. It totally depends on the need of the user that which product he wishes to deploy. After closely examining both the software, you can make your choice. For more information regarding the specifications of the products offered by McAfee, you can visit the official website:- mcafee.com/activate.