Sometimes, when you open your device and connect it to the Internet, a message displays on your screen saying “McAfee license expires today”. In this situation, a user feels confused as to how to deal with this pop-up message. There might be two reasons for the occurrence of this message: one is the presence of malware and the other is that your subscription has been actually expired.
In the first situation, you can try to run a quick scan of your computer and in the other situation, you should install the latest version of McAfee via mcafee.com/activate.You can also check for the presence of malware by checking your McAfee account and the details of your subscription. If you wish to check for the details of your McAfee subscription, then you may go through the following section.
Check your subscription for the expiration date
- To begin the process, first, you have to go to the McAfee com activate page.
- From the window that opens, click on the “My Account” tab.
- Furthermore, tap on the “Sign In” option and complete the login process by filling in the info such as email address and password.
- When a new page opens you have to select the device on which your antivirus software is running.
- Note down all the information related to your subscription on a piece of paper.
- Now, open the downloaded McAfee product such as McAfee Total Protection or McAfee Virus Scan that you have activated via www.mcafee.com/activate
- Now click on the “Account” option if you are a Mac user or click “My Info” if you are using a Windows-based device.
- Now, check the expiration date and match other details with those that you have written on the paper earlier.
- If they do not match, then possibly there is malware on your device.
If the expiration date matches the date given in the pop-up message, then you must renew your subscription by going through the following section.
How to renew your McAfee subscription?
If your McAfee subscription is going to expire within the next one month or has recently expired, you can renew for another year:
- For doing this, first of all, you have to go to the “My Account” tab of mcafee.com/activate.
- After this, you have to choose the device for which you need to renew the subscription.
- Furthermore, click on the “Renew” option from the details tab.
- In the end, complete the on-screen prompts and you are done with renewing your McAfee subscription. You may also be asked to enter your billing information.
To sum up-
While renewing your McAfee subscription, you need to keep one thing in mind and that is if you are using a trial version of the software, then you will not be able to renew it. In this situation, a user has to purchase the subscription from the official website of McAfee.