Sometimes, you need to disable McAfee antivirus because of so many reasons. At times, you do not want to run the automatic real-time scanning because it is creating hurdles in your other works or its scanning results are appearing on your screen again and again. In this situation, the best thing to do is disable McAfee or its firewall or its popups.
Steps to disable McAfee antivirus
If you are wondering “how to disable McAfee Windows 10”, then the steps given below will help you to disable McAfee:
- Right-click on the icon of “McAfee”.
- Click on the “Settings” option.
- After this, tap on “Real-time Scanning”.
- When the scanning window opens, hit the “Turn-off” button.
- Further, you can also select the time when you want to resume the scanning action.
(Note: Here, you are suggested to select “When I restart my PC” which is available in the drop-down menu.)
- Again, click on the “Turn-off” button to confirm your action.
- You have successfully disabled McAfee now and it will enable when you restart your PC.
How to disable McAfee firewall?
- Locate the “McAfee” icon which is available in the bottom right of the screen.
- Right-click on this and then hit the “Change Settings” option.
- From here, click on the option that reads as “Firewall”.
- When the “Firewall” window opens, hit the “Turn-off” button.
- You can choose the time when you want to enable it again. Here, select “When I restart my PC” option and go to the next step.
- McAfee firewall is now turned off and you can restart your PC whenever you want to enable it again.
How to disable McAfee popups?
To disable McAfee popups follow the steps given below in an orderly manner:
- Click on the “McAfee ” icon and select the “Home” option present under “Common Tasks”.
- From here, choose the “Configure” option present under “SecurityCenter Information”.
- After this, click on “Informational Alerts”.
- Further, hit the “Do Not Show Informational Alerts”.
- In the next step, click on the “OK” option to save the changes.
Visit McAfee.com/activate if you want to know more about McAfee or any of its products, features, tools, and settings. You can also navigate to the “Blog” section of this page if you are curious to enhance your knowledge about the updates and features of McAfee.