McAfee is highly as well as globally used security solutions or antivirus software that offers a wide range of security to the users’ device including Mac, Windows, Android, and iOS. The company has designed several McAfee Activate products like McAfee Total Protection, McAfee Safe connect, McAfee Safe Family, McAfee Mobile Security and many more. All these McAfee Activate products have several advanced features including performance optimization, email checker, virus protection, and many more in order to secure the device against the online threats.
All these McAfee Activate products are available in free as well as paid packages on its official website i.e. McAfee.com/Activate. Sometimes a concern that flickers the users’ mind is that they are unable to install the McAfee Activate product of McAfee Total Protection to their Windows device. Thus, the users need to prepare their device for installing the McAfee activates Total Protection onto their Windows device. Thus, the steps for preparing the Windows device for installing the subscription have been mentioned in the information given below.
Steps to prepare the Windows device to download the McAfee Activate product:
By following the methods given below, the users could easily prepare their Windows device for the download of McAfee Activate Products. The methods are as follows:
- Ensure that the users’ Windows device is updated:
- Launch the start menu, and go for a manual search of ‘Windows Update’.
- After this, just execute it and then, click on the ‘Check for Updates’ option.
- After this, follow the instructions displayed over the screen. Thus, the Windows device will be updated.
- Install the McAfee Pre-Install tool:
- First and foremost, access the official website of McAfee i.e. McAfee.com/Activate.
- Move to the product section, and search for the McAfee Pre-Install tool.
- On getting the McAfee Activate product, click the ‘Download’ button to get its setup file onto the device.
- After this, execute its installer to install the McAfee Pre-installer to the device, followed by following the entire instructions displayed over the screen.
- Now, go through its warnings and then, the McAfee Activate will start its function.
- On completion of its process, click the ‘OK’ button and then, the close button. At last, restart the device.
- Uninstall third-party security solutions:
- Go to the ‘Control Panel’ of the device.
- And then, move to the ‘Programs’ section, followed by selecting the entire third party and uninstall them by clicking the ‘Uninstall’ button.
- At last, restart the device to remove the entire residual files.
- Execute the McAfee Customer Product Removal:
- Visit the official website of McAfee i.e. McAfee.com/Activate.
- And then, move to the product area and search for the ‘MCPR’ product manually from there.
- After this download and install onto the device by selecting its .exe file via double click.
- Now, go through its security warning and then, click the ‘Yes’ button, followed by clicking the ‘Next’ button on the next window.
- And then, mark the ‘Agree’ radio button for making an agreement to its EULA.
- Now, onto the next window, a security code will be projected, copy this to the requisite field.
- After this, click the ‘Next’ button. Once the process gets completed, the users will see two messages. Out of these if ‘Removal Complete’ is displayed then, the tool has completed successfully else, ‘Cleanup successful’ will be displayed, if not successful.
- Restart the device.
I hope, this article is quite fruitful in resolving the issue of the Windows device users who are not able to install the McAfee Activate subscription. The methods described here are quite simple and easy to follow. But if the users are still facing the same issues then, they are requested to access the official website of McAfee i.e. McAfee.com/Activate to get assistance by its experts.