To deploy the software via a group policy in windows 10 can easily reduce the amount of time to install the same software manually on each of the client systems. The McAfee agent enables the users to coordinates with the McAfee epolicy Orchestrator server which enables the administrators to manage and update the McAfee products via mcafee.com/activate remotely. Remember, deploying the McAfee agent via a group of policy adds the agent to your Windows server-client systems simultaneously so that it can be easily managed by the section named as ePolicy Orchestrator. In this article, you will get a basic understanding of how to deploy McAfee agent via Group Policy available on mcafee.com/activate.
What are the steps to get the McAfee agent via eGroup policy on mcafee.com/activate?
Here in this section, you will get to understand the basic steps to get the McAfee agent via eGroup policy on mcafee.com/activate. Here are the steps:
- First of all, you need to download Framepkf. Exe file from the ePolicy Orchestrator server. The file is visible in the subfolder of the “Install” directory.
- Remember, the exact location of the file will differ depending on the ePolicy installed and the server setup.
- Save the .exe file to a shared folder on the network server in the location where all the systems have permissions.
- You can execute the command “Framepkg.exe /gengpomsi /SiteInfo=\SiteList.xml /FrmInstLogLoc= \.log” on the ePolicy orchestrator interface to extract the important files.
- You can copy the extracted files to the shared location on the server.
- It is important to understand that the path must be accessible by all the client systems on which you wish to install the agent.
- Just create a new Group Policy by opening the Group Policy Management console on the Windows server.
- You have to right-tap on the “Group policy objects” in the forest and domain where you wish to create the group policy object.
- Tap on the “New” option and specify a name for the new Group Policy object and tap on the “Ok” option.
- You have to tap on the “Computer configuration” on the epolicy Orchestrator interface to load the computer configuration panel.
- Tap on the “Policies” and after that tap on the “Software settings” option.
- You have to right-tap on the “Software Installation” option and tap on the “New” option followed by a tap on the “Package” button.
- Just browse and visit the shared location path and tap on the MSI file that is called as MFE Agent.
- You have to tap on the “Assigned” option as the deployment method to complete the process for accessing the McAfee agent.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
By the end, we just hope that this article has given you steps and guidelines to deploy the McAfee agent via mcafee.com/activate. However, if you hold any queries related to the topic then it is a strong recommendation to visit the official support website and get instructions to resolve the error (if any).