McAfee has been protecting the devices from getting infected with viruses and threats for long. It has various kinds of products that include many features and functionalities so that a user’s PC remains unaffected from virus-attacks. But sometimes these programs and functions become the root cause of a user’s frustration. Hence, he wants to get rid of them as soon as possible. So, this article highlights various workarounds to get rid of different McAfee programs and functions.
How to get rid of McAfee?
To get rid of McAfee completely you need to follow the steps given below.
- To begin the process to uninstall McAfee, go to the “Start” menu of your device.
- Now, tap on the “Settings” option.
- Further, tap on “Apps” and then click on “Apps & features”.
- Here you will find a list of installed programs. From here, locate “McAfee”.
- After locating it, click on the “Uninstall” option. This will remove McAfee completely from your device.
You can also do this by downloading the McAfee removal tool i.e. McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool (MCPR) via mcafee.com/activate and running it.
How to get rid of McAfee WebAdvisor?
McAfee WebAdvisor is an app/product that ensures you are surfing the web safely. But sometimes it might annoy you and you want to get rid of it. So, here’s the procedure to do so:
(Note: Close all the web browsers before starting the workaround; otherwise, it might interrupt the process.)
- First of all, click on the “Start” button and type “control panel” in the search box.
- Now, hit the “Enter” key.
- When the control panel opens, double-click on “Programs and Features” or “Add/Remove Programs”.
- A list of installed programs will be displayed on the screen and from here; you have to choose “McAfee WebAdvisor”.
- After this, click on the “Uninstall/Change” or “Remove” whichever you see available next to “McAfee WebAdvisor”.
- Finally, restart your computer to get rid of the program completely.
How to get rid of McAfee pop-ups?
McAfee pop-ups are one of the major reasons behind a user’s frustration. These poop ups might ask you to update the software again and again, but you want to update to the latest version. In this situation, you can disable it and get rid of it completely:
- From the control panel of your device, go to the “Programs and Features” section.
- Doing this will display a list of installed programs on your device.
- From here, choose McAfee and go to its “Properties”.
- Now, select “McAfee Pop-up blocker”.
- After this, click on the box available next to “Enable Pop-up Blocker” and mark it.
- In the end, click on the “OK” option to block future pop-ups from appearing.
- Finally, close the application and restart your device to get rid of it completely.
How to get rid of McAfee Windows 10?
- Go to the “Settings” of your Windows device and click on “Apps”.
- Now, locate “McAfee” using the search box.
- Select the product that you wish to remove.
(Note: You cannot remove a number of McAfee products all at once and hence you have to uninstall them separately.)
- From here, click on the “Uninstall” button two times.
- Press the “Continue” button when Windows asks for your confirmation.
- Wait for a while until the process completes and restart your device after closing the “settings” window.
How to get rid of McAfee Safe Connect?
- Open the “Search” bar of your device from the main/start menu.
- Here, type “Programs and Features”.
- When the list of search results opens, click on the “Programs and Features” option.
- From here, choose “McAfee Safe Connect” and right-click on it.
- In the end, click on the “Uninstall” option and follow the simple on-screen prompts to complete the removal process.
- This is how you can do McAfee Safe connect uninstall.
Hopefully, the workarounds have helped you to get rid of certain annoying McAfee programs and functions. If not, try to perform the process again. For more information, be a regular visitor at McAfee activate.