Is the McAfee antivirus present on your device is making it tough for you to use certain programs on your device? Well, this happens when there are conflicting programs present on the same device. Being specific about Windows 10, it has a built-in antivirus program which is known as Windows Defender. This program actively looks for the viruses present on your device and helps to eradicate them. Thus, if you install a similar program like McAfee antivirus on a Windows 10 device, then it is sure to create some issues with its working. This leads users to ask questions like how to get rid of McAfee.
However, this is not the only situation when people would like to get rid of it. When the McAfee antivirus product present on your device is about to expire, it starts showing pop-ups asking you to get your subscription renewed. So, if you do not want to continue using McAfee, then you can easily uninstall it from your device. Thus, in this article, we shall explain to you how you can get rid of this software or the annoying pop-ups it keeps coming up with.
How to get rid of McAfee pop ups?
If you want, you can avoid seeing those annoying pop-up messages on your device again and again. So, here is how the complete process goes like:
- Go to the home page of McAfee from your device
- When the Dashboard loads, go to its top-right corner
- Now, click on the “Navigation” option
- On the following tab, click on the “General settings and alerts”
- Make the necessary changes by ticking the boxes
- After you have made changes to stop receiving alerts, click “OK”
This is how to get rid of McAfee popups. Moving on, we shall discuss how to get rid of McAfee.
How to get rid of McAfee WebAdvisor?
If you want to get rid of McAfee from your device completely, then you are suggested to follow the quick steps that I am going to list below:
- From the search bar of your device, go to the “Settings”
- From the “Settings” menu, click on “Apps”
- In the Apps search bar, type and search for “McAfee”
- Now, select one of the McAfee products you want to get rid of
- Following this, click on the “Uninstall” option
- To confirm the product removal, click on the “Uninstall” option again
- Wait for the software to uninstall and close the window
- After the process is complete, restart your device
How to get rid of McAfee pop up Windows 10?
After learning more about how to get rid of McAfee, let us now have a glance at how we can get rid of McAfee pop-ups on Windows 10:
- Go to the “Navigation” pane of McAfee from your device
- After that, you need to go to “General Settings and Alerts”
- Next up, you need to click on “Informational Alerts” and “Protection Alerts”
- From that category, choose the pop-up alert you don’t want to see
- After making the changes, you need to save the settings
We hope that you were able to find out how to get rid of McAfee by referring to this post. In case you still find yourself in a doubtful situation, then you are suggested to go to the official website of McAfee and learn more about the desired topic. Visit:- PayPal Login.