McAfee has been defending our devices from a long now and we as a consumer are aware of the features and functionalities it offers us. However, there is one McAfee feature that users are unaware of. There is a subscription auto-renewal feature that comes along with almost all the McAfee products. Hence, if you are a McAfee user, then you may or may not know that your subscribed product is entitled to get renewed once it gets expired.
But, most of the users are unaware of this service and are charged unknowingly after the expiration of their products. This may annoy a user a lot, specifically the one who wishes to discontinue using McAfee because of his own reasons. Well, you should not worry if you are one such user who does not wish to get charged after their subscription ends. Here, we have a solution for you that works wonders if you follow it correctly.
In this tutorial, you shall learn about turning off auto-renewal of McAfee products or canceling it via mcafee.com/activate account. Henceforth, without further ado, let jump into the procedure right away.
Important: the cyber-crime experts along with McAfee experts suggest you not to turn off the auto-renewal feature as it may make your device vulnerable and pose a greater threat.
The method to disable McAfee auto-renewal
Note: even if you opt-out of McAfee auto-renewal feature of McAfee, you are still entitled to get the subscription expiry notification from McAfee. McAfee doesn’t want you to leave your device without protection.
- In the beginning, go to the homepage of McAfee.
- Here, select the ‘My Account’ tab present at the top.
- In the drop-down menu that you see, select the ‘Sign In’ option.
- On the next page, you need to type in your email address with your password.
- Then, click on the ‘Login’ button and then take your mouse on ‘My Account’.
- Tap on the setting named ‘Auto-renewal’.
- On the resulting screen, you will be given the information regarding auto-renewal.
- Here you need to check if auto-renewal is off or on.
- If you have subscribed to multiple McAfee products, then locate the desired one.
- After choosing the desired product, take its toggle towards the ‘Off’ position.
- Then, select the ‘Turn off’ option to confirm your action.
- In the end, select ‘yes’ when you are done.
Now, your subscription will not be renewed automatically and you won’t be charged for it further. However, you can also renew your McAfee products manually.
Why shouldn’t you turn-off McAfee auto-renewal?
A user needs to know that he can turn the auto-renewal feature on again by using a similar process. All he needs to do is take the toggle of auto-renewal from ‘off’ to ‘on’ direction. But, there are certain reasons why you should not disable it in the first place.
- You get to use McAfee Virtual Private Network (VPN) – In case you are using McAfee Livesafe or McAfee Total Protection, then you get to use the VPN feature that comes in-built in it. It keeps you on the safer side while you are online.
- You get entitled to Virus Protection Pledge (VPP) – According to this pledge, McAfee users get an opportunity to get the viruses removed from their device with the help of experts.
In case you turn off auto-renewal, you will not be eligible to use these features and may run into a troublesome situation.