It’s a very common issue that when you try to install McAfee Windows security product but the installation stops in middle or it fails. When you see this error it comes with the red banner with the error message on the screen saying “Unable to continue installation: Your McAfee software installation cannot continue” on file on the PC is either missing or not working.
The cause behind the issue is the existing files of the previously downloaded McAfee software installation can cause the install of the new version. Just remove the files and folders of the McAfee software and run the installer again. In this article, you will get to learn the steps to fix the installation error.
How to fix McAfee installation error?
To fix or resolve the McAfee installation error you need to follow the methods given below:
- Download McAfee Virtual assistant: If you are looking for proper guidance to fix the issue then download McAfee virtual assistant tool.
Point to understand: If you see this error persisting on the screen then use a Support tool that is based on the Windows operating system.
- Install and run the McAfee Install Helper software on the Windows 8 or 10.
Remember, if you restart your PC then just try to install. it again and if you see the error on-screen then try to repair the corrupted files by choosing the “System File Checker” option.
How to use Microsoft System File Checker to fix the McAfee installation issue?
The Microsoft System File Checker tool helps the user to repair the corrupted system file. The Microsoft System File Checker is known to be a utility tool used in Windows that enables the users to scan and restore the missing system files. Just follow the steps given below:
- First of all, tap on the “Start” option and type “cmd.exe” in the search field.
- After this, right tap on the “cmd.exe” and tap on the “Run as administrator” option.
- Agree to the licensing agreement by tapping on the “Yes” button when prompted on-screen.
- Enter “SFC/scan now” and tap on the “Enter” option.
- You have to wait for the scan process to complete and that will take some time.
Point to understand: Do not close the “Command Prompt” window till the varication process gets completed.
The Microsoft System File Checker scans all the secured system files and replaces the missing or the corrupted files. With the completion of the scanning process you can follow the steps given below:
- First of all, restart the computer when the process gets completed.
- Just try to install the McAfee security product again.
- If you still have issues persisting even after restarting the software then we recommend you visit the Technical support website.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
Hopefully, this article has given you enough insights to fix the McAfee installation errors. However, if you still have issues persisting on-screen we recommend you visit mcafee.com/activate the official website where you will get the proper guidance to resolve or fix the issues.