Antivirus security can be a significant program to secure your digital lives if you choose it wisely. Among countless products in the market, McAfee activate gives you remote security in real-time. Another best thing about the software is it is available as free and paid versions. The US-based security software uses data encryption technology to ward off the risks of your online stored documents, files, and others.
Data security or identity theft protection, whatever may the concern be, the antivirus covers all the needs. Moreover, you get a wide range of products that meet your requirements for business protection, prenatal control, mobile data security, cloud backup and more. However, to redeem more such features, it is mandatory to have access to McAfee my account. Additionally, a unique product key is must to have licensed software.
Login into McAfee account
McAfee account login is the first step to get active antivirus security. Unless you want to use a free trial product, you will need an account on mcafee.com/activate page. To take a free trial of the software, it is not required to create an account or do Log In – McAfee.
However, with a paid McAfee activate software; you go manually by Login into McAfee account. Thereafter, you locate the McAfee activate 25 digit code to get the associated file to download.
How to download McAfee activate?
You can download the antivirus directly via a hard disk. As you run McAfee installation setup, you require entering the activation code and then it completes the rest of the process.
To download it from www.mcafee.com/activate, you need to complete these steps.
- From the home page of McAfee activate, go to its products section
- Log in for your McAfee my account page
- Select a product that you have purchased and click on it
- Enter the code
- Download the file
How to install McAfee?
- Open the downloaded installation package straight from the web browser
- Click right on the icon and select to run the installation setup
- Set your country and language
- Follow the on-screen prompts
The installation will take several minutes, do not suspend the ongoing installation process, else you will encounter McAfee installation error 0. There is an alternative way of downloading the software, which will be automatically activated after the download.
How to activate McAfee? – When you buy McAfee from www.mcafee.com/activate directly
The process of activating the software is more or less similar. The only difference is your purchase mode. However, in this category, you will get to know how to activate McAfee if the purchase was from mcafee.com/activate.
- Go to mcafee.com/activate
- Locate McAfee product key activation code at its respective location
- Sign in/ Sing up
- Download the software by clicking the download button
- Now, when you install the software, it will be an activated version, as you installed it using your product key
If you have a McAfee retail card for activation of the software, note that the process will differ slightly.
How to activate McAfee my card? – McAfee retail card activation
- Redeem your McAfee retail card activation code
- Visit the link printed on the card below the McAfee 25 digit key (i.e mcafee.com/activate)
- Submit the key and download it
- Complete the installation and restart your PC
If you have McAfee LiveSafe or internet security, then enable the firewall settings. On the same token, if you are using McAfee LiveSafe on windows 10 then turn off the internet security while Windows update, else it will create errors.
One thing you need to take care of uninstalling the older or outdated version of the software. Keeping more than one antivirus on a PC causes software conflicts and poor performance. The steps of uninstalling McAfee will differ slightly for different windows versions.
How to uninstall McAfee from Windows 10?
- Click on the start menu
- Go to settings> Systems
- From Apps & Features, look for McAfee security in the list
- Click-Right on the icon and press Uninstall button
- Confirm your choice and remove the software
Sometimes, the software does not uninstall completely and thus you need McAfee removal tool.
Where do you find McAfee removal tool?
- From the official McAfee webpage or go to mcafee.com/activate
- If you are a business user of McAfee product, select For Enterprise, else press on ‘For Consumer’
- Here, you will have a search icon, click on it and search for the Removal tool
- You will be directed to the McAfee knowledge center page
- Select the downloadable file and install the McAfee removal tool
- Install and run the tool to clear any leftover file of the antivirus
Now, you can proceed to reinstall the software. This will be a clean installation of the antivirus now.
How to Reinstall McAfee?
Using the same CD / DVD, you can install the software. Otherwise, follow the steps mentioned above. Login to your account, select your product, locate the key, download the software, and get started with it.
You have now covered nearly all the information about getting started with McAfee activate antivirus. These manual processes will also help you eliminate any case of errors. Although the occurrence of any critical error or message is uncertain, you can only avoid it by going systematically with the process.