McAfee is one of the most trending and highly used antivirus or the security solutions used by the users in order to keep their device free against the virus attacks and online threats. All the McAfee Activate products are easily available on the official website of it i.e. mcafee.com/activate and are equipped with advanced features like firewall, URL blocking, user friendly, and many more. Some of the highly trending McAfee Activate software is as follows:
To get any of the McAfee Activate products, the users need to follow a set of three main procedures that includes download, install, and activation. Sometimes, the users face some error codes while performing any of these procedures and one such commonly occurred error code is McAfee Activate Error Code 1336. Mostly this error code occurs while the users are trying to install the McAfee Activate Product. Once this error code occurs on the device, a pop-up box is displayed on the screen showing the error message as shown below:
How to Fix “McAfee Error Code 1336: Corrupted File”
Thus, this error code is also the major concern of its users and so, the methods to resolve this concern have been detailed in the article given below.
There are some indicators that will help the users to detect the McAfee Activate error code 1336. The symptoms or the indicators of this error code are as follows:
- Slow working of the Windows Device
- Windows of the active program will be crashed
- Sudden shut down of the device
- The continuous occurrence of the error 1336 pop-up
Steps to resolve the McAfee Error Code 1336:
Before jumping to the methods of fixing the McAfee Activate Error Code 1336, the users should be aware of the causes that are responsible for the occurrence of such error on the device. Main causes of the McAfee Activate Error Code 1336 are as follows:
- Corrupted Download of the McAfee Activate Files
- Improper installation of the McAfee Software
- The system is infected by Virus
- Windows Registry being Corrupted
- The system is not updated
Thus, by resolving the entire causes given above one-by-one, the users will be able to resolve the McAfee Activate Error Code 1336. Here are the methods to resolve the fix the error, easily:
Method 1: Repair the Registry File related to the McAfee Activate Product.
Method 2: Uninstall the McAfee Activate Software related to this error code:
- Firstly, launch the start menu, followed by selecting the “Control Panel” option.
- Here, jump to the ‘Program’ section.
- After this, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ option. Thus, a list of the entire software installed on the device will be displayed on the screen.
- From this list, select the McAfee Activate product, and tap the ‘Uninstall’ option on the top.
- Thus, the McAfee Activate product will be uninstalled and now, try to install the software again.
Method 3: Go for a Clean-up of the System Junk.
Method 4: Make sure that the users’ device is updated:
- First of all, launch the start menu and then, followed by going for a manual search of ‘windows Update’ using the search option.
- Select the ‘Windows Update’ from the searched result.
- Now, select the ‘Check for Updates’ option, followed by executing the entire instructions displayed on the screen.
- Hence, Windows will be updated.
I hope, this article is quite successful in resolving the McAfee Activate Error Code 1336 from the users’ device that occurred while installing the security solution to the users’ device. Since the aforementioned methods are written in an elaborated manner, but if the users are facing some issues while following these steps then, they are requested to access the official website of McAfee.com/activate to get help for the same from its technicians.