McAfee has already broken all the records of providing a set of amazingly advanced protection to its users by designing its McAfee to activate the software with an enhancement of features within its upcoming solution. Some of the common features that the users get into every antivirus product are performance optimization, firewall, virus protection, spyware protection, malware protection, real-time scanning, email protection, downloads detection, and many more.
Wide ranges of the entire McAfee activate software available onto its official website i.e. McAfee.com/Activate, includes the following:
- McAfee Antivirus plus
- McAfee Total Protection
- McAfee Live Safe
- McAfee Web Advisor
- McAfee Mobile Security for Android
- McAfee Mobile Security for iOS
- McAfee Safe Connect
To get any of these just follow three procedures including download, install and activate. Sometimes the users face some common errors while using the McAfee Activate product for protecting their device. One such commonly occurring error code is McAfee Error Code 10054. Thus, the methods of resolving this error code of McAfee Activate have been mentioned in the article given below:
Steps to fix the McAfee Error Code 10054:
Once this error occurs onto the device, a box is displayed over the screen showing the message as shown below:
“Error 10054 McAfee Error Code 10054
Error 10054: McAfee Antivirus has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
Follow the methods listed below to resolve the McAfee Error Code 10054, easily. The methods are as follows:
- Disable the EICAR test file detection:
- First and foremost, execute the firewall feature of the device, followed by going to its “Security Services and Gateway Anti-virus”.
- After this, select the “Configure Gateway AV Settings” option and then, mark the checkbox of “Disable detection of EICAR test file” option.
- Now, try to execute the McAfee Activate product and check whether the same error is occurring onto it. If so the, try the methods listed below.
- Update the entire drive set of the device:
- Make sure that the drivers of the device are updated. If the device drivers are not updated then, download the latest drivers and install them onto the device as per the specifications of it.
- Execute the McAfee Pre-install tool:
- Access the official website of McAfee activates i.e. McAfee.com/Activate.
- After this, search for the McAfee Pre-install toll within its product section, followed by clicking the ‘Download’ button displayed in front of it.
- Now, on completion of downloading process, select the .exe file of the tool by double-clicking on it and install it to the device.
- Thus, follow the instructions displayed over the prompts to complete the installation.
- Now, execute the McAfee Pre-install toll to detect the corrupted files or the entire bugs enforcing the occurrence of this error code onto the device.
McAfee Error Code 10054 mostly occurs while some undesirable changes have been made onto the security software. Thus, this article will help the users of McAfee Activate to eradicate this error code easily. Since the steps written here are quite easy to follow but if any of the issues arise in between while performing these then, the users are requested to access the official website of it i.e. McAfee.com/Activate to get assistance from its experts, easily.